We are looking for a SQL developer who will be responsible for designing databases and ensuring stability, reliability, and performance. You will also work with other developers in the team, optimizing in-application SQL statements as necessary, and establishing best practices. You will be responsible for all database issues and come up with innovative ideas and preventive solutions to recurring issues. Visualize and avoid issues or errors in the future.
- Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance all databases.
- Estimate database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime.
- Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development, Help write and optimize in-application SQL statements.
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance. Profile server resource usage and optimize and tweak, as necessary.
- Prepare documentations and specifications of Databases.
- Ensure performance, Authentication, security, and availability of databases and DB servers.
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, Data Extraction, Transformation, and Loading etc.
- Collaborate with IT team members and stakeholders.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design.
- Responsible for developing SQL \ Postgre code review and ensure queries are optimized and tuned to perform efficiently.
- Responsible for regular maintenance on databases (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving).
- Support complex web-based applications.
- Knowledge of databases on Linux
- Strong proficiency with SQL, Postgre and its variation among popular databases
- Experience with some of the modern relational databases
- Skilled at optimizing large, complex SQL statements.
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases.
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters, as necessary.
- Strong knowledge of the RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server/MySQL/Postgre)
- Planning and capacity management for new and existing database requirements.
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server resource usage and optimizing it.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Knowledge of structured query language (SQL) e.g. SQL/PSM or Transact-SQL.
- Good problem solving and prioritizing.
- Good communication and attitude toward work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduation / BE / BSC / BCA or equivalent.
- Experience of more than 5 years